They are small but mighty, tiny but vicious and most importantly they always turn up to your BBQ’s even when they aren’t invited! You guessed it, we are talking about ANTS!
Getting rid of these little pests is incredibly hard, after all there are so many of them, and we are only bothered by them in THEIR environment.
Of course you can buy all sorts of expensive fad products, all claiming that their sprays are the ONLY way to get rid of ants…instead of spending huge amounts of money in a bid to get rid of ants, why not remove ants quickly and efficiently with these 7 simple but genius tricks!
From cleaning soda cans and making moats for your picnic tables, we bet you have never heard of these incredible ideas!
Here’s the full list:
- Place each leg of your picnic in disposable pie trays, this creates a moat where ant’s can no longer crawl up the legs to all the goodies on the table!
- Clean the tops of soda cans before recycling, this may seem obvious but little drops of soda left on the cans can attract ants far and wide.
- Make small little traps with Tupperwares and a sugar, water and borax syrup solution. Place these traps where you are most worried about an invasion.
- Find the source ‘the ant home’ by tracking the source of where they are coming from, spray a little vinegar in the direction they are coming and slowly follow the traces back….
- Once you find the ‘ant home’ saturate it with a running hose for 10 minutes.
- For better results use boiling water with added cayenne pepper.
- Finally once you have got rid of the source, you will need to get rid of the pheromones that the other ants left behind. Do this by spraying a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar in entrance ways, nooks and crannies to put off any future ants who may want to visit you.